If you want your car to maintain its new and shiny exterior for a long time, you need to make the right maintenance efforts. Following our few simple car detailing tips on waxing and polishing your car every once in a while can go a long way in maintaining the exterior of your car.
To help you with your car maintenance, here are ten car polishing and waxing tips that you will surely find quite useful.
Top 10 Car Detailing Tips from the Pros
Car Polishing Tips
- Before you start with the polishing process, always clean and wash your car well. The best way to make sure that your car is washed properly is to give it a good and nice hand scrub yourself.
- If you like to maintain the exterior of your car over a long time, you will be polishing it quite often. Therefore, investing in the purchase of a mechanical buffer for polishing is quite advisable. Besides, not only does it speed up the process, but it gives your car a better finish
- When you are polishing your car, there is no need to rush. Polishing should be done slowly and carefully so that scratch marks are not formed on the chassis. Select a small area at a time and polish it carefully before moving on to another area.
- The buffer should be used carefully if you want the best results. Before you start, make sure the buffer is clean of any dirt particles. Even one dirt particle can be bad for your car. Also, when you are finishing polish, switch off the buffer and wait for it to stop before you lift it from the surface of your car.
- When using the buffer, you should avoid putting too much pressure on the surface, especially if the color of your car is dark. Exerting too much pressure on dark-colored cars leaves circular scratch marks on the surface.
Car Waxing Tips
- If you are planning to apply wax to your car, remember these tips from George working in car detailing in Louisville KY, you need to clean, wash and polish it first. Wax acts as a protective coating, it can make your car look dirtier if you apply it to your car without polishing.
- While waxing your car, always make sure you have it in a shaded area or preferably a garage. You should also make sure that the weather is moderate as waxing when it is too hot or too cold or while your car is in the sun, can harden the wax too quickly and make your task hard.
- For the right look, it is important to use the right amount of wax on your car. Ideally, a small gallop of wax, just the size of half a dollar is quite sufficient for a particular area. Applying too much wax can ruin the look of your car instead of making it look good
- After you are done with the waxing process, clean off excess wax that might be present in the seams between the metal joints. You can use a cloth or ideally a toothbrush to clean off this wax.
- If you want to give your car an extra shine, you can also use the double waxing technique. Here you can use a coat of synthetic wax first and then another layer of carnauba wax. This gives your car an ideal glossy surface.
With these tips, your car will always be shiny and glossy. So, make sure to incorporate them in your car care routine.
D you know a few great tips for detailing a car? Share them with our readers in the comment section below!